Wednesday, May 26, 2010

When to Shut Up!

This is my first blog post and I am incredibly excited! I have recently felt led to start a blog. I have been praying for a place that I can reflect on my life as a mother, wife and career woman, and this is where I arrived. So wish me luck on my first posting "When to Shut Up"!

Have you ever found yourself passionately expressing your beliefs to someone over and over, and the person you are discussing them with still disagrees? You feel as though you are led by God to share your thoughts and beliefs with others, yet still they refuse to listen or see what God has shown you. I found myself doing this recently. I tried expressing my beliefs forwards, backwards, upside down while standing on my head and still nothing. It was mind boggling to me!

How can something seem so biblical and clear to me yet so different to someone else? After reflecting on this recent experience I determined that I was trying to take matters into my own hands instead of giving them to God. That's when I realized that God calls us to share that which he has laid on our hearts, but he does not call us to change their hearts. That is his job! There is a time to speak and a time to shut up and pray.

As Christians I believe we are obligated to share what God has shown us, and then I believe we are obligated to pray. Gods timing is not always our timing, and although something may see crystal clear to me, it might not be the time for the next person to see it. I am the first to say that I am far from perfect in this area, and it is an area that I struggle daily with. So the next time you find yourself repeating the same thing over and over realize that it might be time to shut up, pray, and let God do the rest.

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman and will be blessed for your faith. You inspire me to keep moving forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    I am SO looking forward to what you have to say!!

    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete